M.Sc. (Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala
Ph.D. (Mahatma Gandhi University).
Dean, Faculty of Science
Honorary Director, School of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Professor, School of Computer Sciences
- Greeshma M S, Bindu V. R. (2020), “Super Resolution Quality Criterion (SRQC): A Super Resolution Image Quality Assessment Metric”, Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer, SCIE Impact Factor: 2.313.
- Nimmol P. John, V R Bindu (2020), Prediction Mechanism – A Novel Approach for OverLoad Management in a Distributed Computing System, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 171, Pages 2097-2104, Elsevier.
- Jyothish V. R., Bindu V. R., Greeshma M. S. (2020), An Efficient Image Segmentation Approach using Superpixels with Colorization, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 171, Pages 837–846, Elsevier.
- Nimmol P. John, Bindu V R. (2020), “Energy Efficient Hybrid Firefly-Crow Optimization Algorithm for VM Consolidation”, Intelligent Computing and Communication, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) series, pp. 413-427. Vol. 1034, Springer.
- Tom L., Bindu V.R. (2020), Task Scheduling Algorithms in Cloud Computing: A Survey, Inventive Computation Technologies, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 98. pp 342-350, Springer. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33846-6_39.
- Greeshma M S, Bindu V. R. (2019), “Novel Quality Metric for Image Super Resolution Algorithms – Super Resolution Entropy Metric (SREM)”, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series, 151–168, Vol. 1035, Springer.
DOI : https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9181-1_14, SJR – 0.17
- AparnaVijayan, Bindu V.R. (2019), “Feature Fusion Approach for Differently Exposed Images with Weighted Guided Filter”, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series, pp. 655-666, Vol 1035. Springer.
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9181-1_56, SJR – 0.17
- Bindu V R, Sajimon Abraham, Sajna Jaleel (2019), “Short Learning Objects for E-learning and MOOCs”, Department of Printing and Publishing, Mahatma Gandhi University, ISBN:978-93-80419-42-8.
Digital Image Processing and Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence, Cloud Computing, Data Mining and Big Data Analytics.
Academic Positions/Extension Activities
- Dean, Faculty of Science, Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Dean, Faculty of Technology and Applied Science, MGU, Aug 2016- July 2018.
- Member, Academic Council, MGU, Jan 2003-Aug 2004, June 2008-March 2009, April 2014- July 2018.
- Member, University Research Committee, MGU, 2016-2018.
- Headship of the School (13.01.2003 to 02.08.2004, 09.06.2008 to 16.03.2009 and11.04.2014 to 16.05.2017).
- Chairperson, Board of Studies Engineering(PG), University of Calicut.
- Member, Board of Studies, Computer Science (PG), Kannur University, 06/08/2018 to 05/08/2020.
- Member, Board of Studies Computer Science (PG), University of Kerala 26.3.2010 to 25.3.2013, 20.11.2013 to 19.11.2016, 03.03.2017 to 02.03.2020.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies, School of Computer Sciences, MGU, 30.04.2010 to 29.04.2013, 04.09.2014 to 03.09.2017.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies Computer Science and Applications (PG), MGU, 30.4.2010-29.4.2013.
- Chairperson, Board of Studies Computer Science (PG), MGU, 18.08.2005 to 17.08.2008.
- Member, Board of Studies, Computer Science (PG), MGU, 1995-1998, 19.03.2001-18.03.2004.
- Member, Board of Studies, Computer Applications (PG), MGU, 18.08.2005-17.08.2008..
- Convenor, Expert Committee, Cyber Forensics (PG), MGU.
- Convenor, Expert Committee, Cyber Forensics (UG), MGU.
- Member, Expert Committee, MCA Lateral Entry, Dual Degree Programmes, MGU.
- Member, Technical Evaluation Committee- Digitalization of conduct of examination in KUFOS( Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies).
- Covener, Committe for Submitting proposal for the constitution of IT Cell in the University.
- Member, MOODLE Implementation Committee, MGU.
- UGC SWAYAM Co-ordinator of the University.
- Member, Academic Council, S B College, Changanassery.
- Member, Department Advisory Board (DAB), Saintgits College of Engineering.
- Member, Executive Committee, Business Innovation and Incubation Centre, MGU.
- Subject Expert in various selection committees and affiliation committees of MGU.
- Member of Expert Committee to strengthen the System Administration Wing of the University.
- Chief Co-ordinator of the Spoken Tutorial Project (an initiative of NMEICT, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India), in the University.
- Presiding Officer, Permanent Cell to Combat Sexual Harassment in the University(2014-2019).
- Member of University level Implementation and Monitoring Committee (E-Governance) 2014-17.
- Member, Committee for E-tendering, Technical Evaluation of ICT enabled projects coming under RUSA, E-Governance projects of the University.
- Technical Co-ordinator of Smart Classrooms under RUSA project in the University.
- Member of the Technical committee to assess the Software/Hardware requirements for the e-learning project of the University.
- Member of e-learning/ICT Committee for e-learning project approval, e-content approval and for taking other decisions related to e-learning and net working in the University.
- External Examiner and Question paper setter for M Sc, MCA, M Tech, M Phil, PhD Examinations of University of Kerala, CUSAT, Calicut and Kannur Universities
- Member of the Revision Committee for drafting revised CSS Regulations of the University implemented from 2016 admissions.
- Drafted policies of the University – Gender Policy, IT Policy, IT Security Policy and Open Source Policy.
Major Curriculum Restructuring and Syllabus Revisions Undertaken
- Design and Revision of M Sc, MTech and MPhil syllabi of the School.
- As BOS Chairperson major curriculum revision undertaken for the B Sc, M.Sc and MCA programmes offered in Affiliated Colleges of MGU.
- Professional Member of ACM (Association of Computing Machinery) Membership No. 7023481.
- Life Member of IAENG (International Association of Engineers) Membership No.136602.
Multimedia Research Lab For Teaching And Learning Through SWAYAM- Project to set up a sophisticated Multimedia Research lab in the campus facilitating professional level e-content development for faculty members and enabling teaching-learning through online platforms such as SWAYAM sanctioned by Govt. of Kerala under the annual plan 2019-20.